Thursday, June 20, 2013

Seven Quick Takes - Pics/ Links Version


1. 

In Crossing off some of my summer to do list activities, I played at an open mic night. Some of my youth group teens have tried to get me to do this and one happens to work at a locacafe where they have an open mic every Thursday! I have been wanting to record a cover of "You're The One That I Want" from Grease for a long time.. Perfect opportunity! Take a listen here below and tell me what you think!

Watch here.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQiB77uG6os&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2.



I was in a wedding this past weekend. This was me getting my hair done beforehand. 
Don't worry.. It turned into this kind of curly Adele thing. It worked. By the way.. New favorite eyeliner? Maybelline Ultra Liquid Liner. Look, I laughed, cried, and sweated my way through that day. Trust me.. This stuff is good! 

Find it here...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000052WYN

3. 

I'm writing in my journal and thinking back to the days I used to rip out pages and rewrite if the penmanship wasn't perfect! Then, like 6 years ago, I saw an Oprah episode where she showed a page of her journal and it was all scribbly. I was like, "What have I been doing? Aint nobody gonna look at my stupid diary!" And now a scribble too. 

Yep, that's all.

4. 

I am so excited for our Irish festival this year! My grandparents started a festival in Cleveland almost 31 years ago and it is my favorite thing in the whole world! We have 9 continuous stages of music, 4 buildings of vendors, Irish food and theatre! It's amazing! Here's a behind the scenes look at what we do! You can follow us on twitter @Cleveland_Irish. And here's a secret.. I do the twitter! :) 

Here's the video




5. 

If you know which movies I'm quoting below, you need to read is book. 

"All I want is one shot of me where my wedding dress isnt bright turquoise."
"In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy spigot.. Spirit!"
"No one has said 'whoopsidaisies' for fifty years and even then it was blond girls with ringlets."

Here's the book..

6.

Need to explain Evangelization to teens? Try this awesome video..




7. 


Is it Halloween? Nope. Just a day in the life of a big sister. My sibs put this creepy guy in my bed at my parents' as a sweet little surprise. :) Sadly even this guy is not single. 

Hey! Go see Jen at Conversiondiary.com. The best link ever. 






No comments:

Post a Comment