Thursday, May 16, 2013

7 Quick Takes - The Family & Friends Edition



Hey there! Hope you're having a good week! :)

1. 
I have been so looking forward to this weekend! Last night: drinks with a group from Church. Today: coffee with my soon-to-be ordained pal, lunch with my mom, dinner/movie/concert with friends. Saturday: shopping with my BFF, wedding shower planning with fellow bridesmaids, and birthday party for Heather*. Sunday: brunch for my youth ministers, the wedding shower, and Benediction. Whew! I hope to find some time on Saturday afternoon to head to Happy Hallow park and read in the grass (#3). I work a lot and sometimes I feel like my social life suffers. With everything going on this weekend I think I’ll be making up for lost time!

2. 
I am the oldest of 8 kids and I would like to officially nominate my family for the “Most Unique” award. Everything thinks my brother Tommy is the exciting one as he is an actor (check out his IMDB and a preview of one of his movies, Healed by Grace), but believe me: everyone else is just as animated. Our friends leave their families on Thanksgiving to come to our evening sing-a-long each year (it’s not as lame as it sounds! LOL), our yearly extreme Easter egg hunt is quite the hit, and we frequently hear, “Man! I wish I was part of your family!” But I really think we’d win the award based on my brothers' favorite past time.. Creating stupid tongue twisters. When I call them idiots, I do so lovingly. :)


Eddy Vedder's better leather letter sweater could weather wetter weather better than any other. 

Leave lots of Lilly's little left handed ladles in the middle of little Italy lining the little Italy little fiddle league lane like last leap year.

Steven Cleaver, the meaner steamer cleaner and Jesus believer, was relieved when his beaver's fever reliever relieved his Bieber fever. 

It’s ridiculous, I know.

3. 

Speaking of the fam and Tommy’s film experience, have you seen “The Shot on Shawnee”? This is the youngest in the family.. There are 21 years, five burly brothers and one darling sister between us. Enjoy.

4.

* My friends Heather and Jeremy got engaged this week! Heather asked me last night to be one of her bridesmaids and I am thrilled! :) I love weddings. Check out the Maid of Honor speech that I did for my BFF Michaela. The DJ and other wedding workers said that, of all the weddings they’d ever worked, my speech was their favorite! :) I don’t mean to brag but.. It really is that good! LOL

5. 
I started a list of 50 things I want to do this summer.. From an outside concert to learning Italian to Pinterest crafts, I’ll be updating as I complete each one. :) If you make your own list and comment on the post I’ll be happy to link to yours! The summer goes so fast.. This is a great way to savor each day. Join me!

6.
Tonight I'm going with a group to see Star Trek. Wars? No, Trek. I have never seen a single second of either of these movies. Or series or whatever. I might skip it and go see a band who plays at our Irish festival  who will be in town tonight. What is the point of sitting through a movie I won't be interested in? Or maye I should go and try to appreciate it.. My friend Theresa once made me watch the whole Battlestar Gallactica series.. Snore! I have no interest in watching a bunch of people with gills talk about spaceship turbulence or whatever. What do you think I should do?

7. 
Finally, our diocesan ordinations are coming up! I found out that the soon-to-be-ordained young man from the parish where I work is being assigned to the parish where I grew up! And my dear also-soon-to-be-ordained friend from the parish I grew up will be assigned to a parish near where I work! I have such a love for both of these places and I think they will be excellent priests! I got tears of joy when I found out, but that was no surprise.. I once cried at a parish All Council meeting. Don't judge! I was speaking about the faith of our awesome teens in youth group.. It was very touching!! (Sigh) Okay, I'm lame. :)




Now, go check out the REAL DEAL at Conversion Diary! Jen is so awesome!


1 comment:

  1. My husband's speech at his best friend's wedding was the best they ever heard too! Takes talent. I almost missed giving one at my sister's wedding do to the need to collected rented plants that everyone forgot at the church....

    ReplyDelete